- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 2: SKILLS
February 26, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Questions to inspire:
- What are the skills needed in an AI-filled world?
- What are the practical steps of putting AI into schools?
- How can industry help in upskilling the workforce?
- How do we protect groups who are at high risk of job automation?
- Jonnie Penn –AI Researcher, Cambridge Univesity; Google Fellow, European Youth Forum; Co-Founder, The Buried Life
- Robert Bolton –Partner in KPMG’s Global HR Center for Excellence, KPMG
- Kevin Green –Chief Executive, The Recruitment and Employment Confederation
- Beverly Clarke –Author of “Computer Science Teacher”
- Ali Shah – Head of Emerging Technology & Strategic Direction, BBC
In 2018, the APPG AI has decided to focus on building a roadmap to understand the practical steps for addressing key AI implications. The group has prioritised six focus areas to explore and, through each Evidence Meetings, hopes to generate pragmatic solutions with clearly defined steps for how they can be reached.
At each meeting, we will invite a panel of 4-5 thought leaders and influential people from government organisations, regulatory bodies, major firms, AI high-tech growth companies and academia. Their task will be to propose ways to address some of AI’s complex issues, providing the group with suggested steps for how to get there and key stakeholders (organisations or people) to involve in the process.