- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 1: DATA
January 22 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Questions to inspire:
- How do we ensure consumers are protected when it comes to data?
- What do businesses/people need to do to prepare for GDPR?
- How can the ‘right to explanation’ be enforced? Should it?
- What should data governance structures look like?
- Elizabeth Denham, UK Information Commissioner, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Professor J. Mark Bishop, Director of The Centre for Intelligent Data Analytics and Professor of Cognitive Computing at Goldsmiths – University of London
- Stephen Chandler, European General Counsel, NVIDIA
- Tim Pullan, Founder & CEO, ThoughtRiver
In 2018, the APPG AI has decided to focus on building a roadmap to understand the practical steps for addressing key AI implications. The group has prioritised six focus areas to explore and, through each Evidence Meetings, hopes to generate pragmatic solutions with clearly defined steps for how they can be reached.
At each meeting, we will invite a panel of 4-5 thought leaders and influential people from government organisations, regulatory bodies, major firms, AI high-tech growth companies and academia. Their task will be to propose ways to address some of AI’s complex issues, providing the group with suggested steps for how to get there and key stakeholders (organisations or people) to involve in the process.