2019 EVIDENCE MEETING 1 – DATA GOVERNANCE – OVERVIEW
Evidence Meeting 1 – Data Governance
Monday, 28 Jan 2019 | 5:30-7:00 PM
Venue: Committee Room 1, House of Lords
APPG AI Evidence Meeting 1 focused on the topic of Data Governance and looked to address the following questions:
- How is data currently being used by AI technologies?
- What is the proper way of seeking consent for using an individual’s data
- Who should ultimately oversee the use of personal data for AI systems?
- Dame Wendy Hall, Regius Professor of Computer Science, University of Southampton
- Roger Taylor, Chair, Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Jeni Tennison, CEO, Open Data Institute
- Prof. Birgitte Andersen, CEO, Big Innovation Centre
- Lauren Sager Weinstein, Chief Data Officer, Transport for London
- Paul Copping, International Advisor, Sightline Innovation
The event started with opening remarks from our panel and opened up to an active Q&A.
Full written overview will be uploaded soon.
Watch the full evidence meeting below.