- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting – Public Health: How can AI help in the fight against COVID-19? [webinar]
April 6 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Evidence Meeting – Public Health: How can AI help in the fight against COVID-19?
Monday, 6th April 2020 | 5:30-6:30 PM GMT
Venue: Zoom Webinar: LINK HERE
The aim of this APPG AI meeting is to discuss opportunities of AI technologies in the detection of and fight against COVID-19 in the UK. We would like to critically reflect on the experiences that other countries have already made with AI technologies in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic and talk about how AI can be used in different fields ranging from epidemiology to immunology to apps that facilitate disease control.
Questions to consider when giving evidence on this topic:
- How can AI technologies contribute to the early detection of an epidemic?
- How can AI facilitate to the rapid development of vaccines against new types of viruses in the future?
- How can AI support the early diagnosis of viruses and in taking measures that will prevent viruses from spreading?
- Prof Tim Spector, Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at King’s College London and honorary consultant Physician at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals
- Chris Harbron, Expert Statistician within the Methods, Collaboration and Outreach (MCO) group of the Biostatistics function, Roche
- Prof Shannon Vallor, Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence, Futures Institute, The University of Edinburgh
- Dr Richard Dybowski, AI Researcher, St John’s College, University of Cambridge
- James Kingston, Deputy Director, HatLab
- Adam Riccoboni, CEO, Critical Future