Evidence Meeting – DATA GOVERNANCE: Beyond GDPR
February 24 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
On behalf of the APPG AI Chairs, Stephen Metcalfe MP and Lord Clement-Jones CBE, and the Secretariat at Big Innovation Centre, we would like to invite you to our second Evidence Meeting of 2020: DATA GOVERNANCE: Beyond GDPR. We hope to have a conversation around the impact of the GDPR, the protection of personal data, and novel forms of data governance.
Questions to inspire:
- What are the various models for data ownership?
- Should we think of data as a commodity or as a common good that can deliver public value?
- Can data be democratised without harm for the individual?
- Professor Ryan Abbott, Lecturer, University of Surrey
- Dr Florian Ostmann, Policy Theme Lead and Policy Fellow, The Alan Turing Institute
- James Kingston, Deputy Director, Hat Lab
- Tamara Quinn, Non-contentious Intellectual Property and Data Privacy Partner, Osborne Clarke
- Ellis Parry, Data Ethics Adviser, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Jessica Lennard, Senior Director Strategic Data and AI Initiatives, VISA
- Dr Kenan Direk, Research Data Manager, UCL Institute of Health Informatics
Please register for the event here. Space is limited.