- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 7: NEXT STEPS
November 5, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Questions to inspire:
- What are the practical steps of setting international rules, norms and standards?
- What is our vision of the new AI and data-driven world?
- What does it mean to be human in 2025 and 2052?
- Is the roadmap national or international?
- Scott Steedman, Director of Standards, BSI
- Imogen Parker, Ada Lovelace Lead, Nuffield Foundation
- Prof. John McDermid OBE, Director, Assuring Autonomy International Programme, University of York
- Christina Blacklaws, Vice President, The Law Society
- Adrian Joseph, Partner: AI & Advanced Analytics, EY
- Dr Spiros Denaxas, Associate Professor, UCL
In 2018, the APPG AI has decided to focus on building a roadmap to understand the practical steps for addressing key AI implications. The group has prioritised six focus areas to explore and, through each Evidence Meetings, hopes to generate pragmatic solutions with clearly defined steps for how they can be reached.
At each meeting, we will invite a panel of 4-5 thought leaders and influential people from government organisations, regulatory bodies, major firms, AI high-tech growth companies and academia. Their task will be to propose ways to address some of AI’s complex issues, providing the group with suggested steps for how to get there and key stakeholders (organisations or people) to involve in the process.