- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 6: TRADE
October 15, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Questions to inspire:
- How has AI changed trade internationally and within national borders?
- How can industries shift their business models to adapt AI?
- How do we shift from e-commerce to ai-commerce?
- What changes have to be made to UK taxing frameworks?
- Dr. Mike Short @tradegovuk – Chief Scientific Adviser, Department of International Trade
- Matthew Howard @Deloitte – Director AI & Cognitive Naalytics, Deloitte
- Anna Dingley @annadingley | @SparkCognition – Executive Director, SparkCognition
- Andrew Burgess @A_J_Burgess – Author, The Executive Guide of AI
In 2018, the APPG AI has decided to focus on building a roadmap to understand the practical steps for addressing key AI implications. The group has prioritised six focus areas to explore and, through each Evidence Meetings, hopes to generate pragmatic solutions with clearly defined steps for how they can be reached.
At each meeting, we will invite a panel of 4-5 thought leaders and influential people from government organisations, regulatory bodies, major firms, AI high-tech growth companies and academia. Their task will be to propose ways to address some of AI’s complex issues, providing the group with suggested steps for how to get there and key stakeholders (organisations or people) to involve in the process.