- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 4: INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
June 11, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Questions to inspire:
- How can companies lagging in innovation catch up?
- How do we scale-up the AI driven businesses?
- What should be the role of the industry-led AI Council?
- How can we use media to boost innovation?
- Kay Firth-Butterfield, Project Head AI and Machine Learning at WEF’s Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Pete Trainor, Chair of British Interactive Media Association (BIMA) and Co-Founder of Us AI
- Felicity Burch, Head of Innovation and Digital Policy at CBI
- James Simpson, Lighting Design and Visualisation at Royal Opera House
- Jane Calvert-Lee, Director of External Affairs at IORMA and Visiting Professor at University of East London
- Chris Gayner, Director of Labs at Symphony Ventures
In 2018, the APPG AI has decided to focus on building a roadmap to understand the practical steps for addressing key AI implications. The group has prioritised six focus areas to explore and, through each Evidence Meetings, hopes to generate pragmatic solutions with clearly defined steps for how they can be reached.
At each meeting, we will invite a panel of 4-5 thought leaders and influential people from government organisations, regulatory bodies, major firms, AI high-tech growth companies and academia. Their task will be to propose ways to address some of AI’s complex issues, providing the group with suggested steps for how to get there and key stakeholders (organisations or people) to involve in the process.