- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 2: Ethics and Legal – Decision making and Moral philosophy
March 27, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Does AI make better decisions? Can and should machines have the same values as we do? In particular: the legal system for decision making (personal AI advisors, homes and cars insurance, and business insurance); the use of AI for military operations – ‘weaponisation’ question); morality and ethics of AI (values and moral philosophy).
- Overview: APPG AI Evidence Meeting 2 – March 27 – Ethics and Legal: Decision Making and Moral Issues
- Slides: APPG AI Evidence Meeting 2 – March 27 – Ethics and Legal: Decision Making and Moral Issues
- Theme Report 2: APPG AI Evidence Meeting 2 – March 27 – Ethics and Legal: Decision Making and Moral Issues
- Kumar Jacob – CEO, Mindwave Venutres
- Marina Jirotka – Professor of Human Centred Computing, University of Oxford
- Dave Raggett – W3C Lead, The Web of Things
- Noel Sharkey – Professor of AI and Robotics, Sheffield University, CoDirector Foundation for Responsible Robotics – Chair ICRAC, Public engagement
- Ben Taylor – CEO, RainBird Technologies
- Rajinder Tumber – Senior Cyber Security Consultant & Auditor, BAE Systems
A panel of speakers was co-chaired by Stephen Metcalfe MP and Lord Clement-Jones CBE.