- This event has passed.
Evidence Meeting 1: DATA GOVERNANCE: Collection & Use
January 28 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
On behalf of the APPG AI Chairs, Stephen Metcalfe MP and Lord Clement-Jones CBE, and the Secretariat at Big Innovation Centre, we would like to invite you to our first Evidence Meeting of 2019: DATA GOVERNANCE – COLLECTION AND USE. We hope to have a conversation around raising awareness of how different players collect, manage, and use personal data.
Questions to inspire:
How is data currently being used by AI technologies?
What is the proper way of seeking consent for using an individual’s data?
Who should ultimately oversee the use of personal data for AI systems?
The panel will include:
- Dame Wendy Hall, Regius Professor of Computer Science, University of Southampton
- Jeni Tennison, CEO, Open Data Institute
- Roger Taylor, Chair, Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Prof. Birgitte Anderson, CEO, Big Innovation Centre
- Lauren Sager Weinstein, Chief Data Officer, Transport for London
- Paul Copping, International Advisor, Sightline Innovation
Please confirm your availability to attend by emailing APPG AI Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Space is limited.