Published 27 November 2017
By Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
This white paper sets out a long-term plan to boost the productivity and earning power of people throughout the UK.
The strategy sets out how we are building a Britain fit for the future – how we will help businesses create better, higher-paying jobs with investment in the skills, industries and infrastructure of the future
We will boost productivity and earning power across the country by focusing on 5 foundations:
- Ideas: the world’s most innovative economy
- People: good jobs and greater earning power for all
- Infrastructure: a major upgrade to the UK’s infrastructure
- Business environment: the best place to start and grow a business
- Places: prosperous communities across the UK
This is a long term strategy; making changes now, but also looking to the future.